16 May 2019
To mark our 5th anniversary on 14th May, we thought it would be nice to make some donations to charities that are in some way appropriate for home sellers.
Here’s our list, we hope you agree that they are all very worthwhile causes:
- Citizens Advice – In 2017/18, they helped 2.6 million people face-to-face, by phone, by email or online chat and their digital advice had over 25 million visits. They assist people with complicated financial or legal problems.
- The Money Charity – It is the leading national financial capability charity, providing financial education, information and advice to young people & adults throughout the UK. They have provided over 200,000 financial workshops to young people.
- Care for Veterans – Working in the gaps between healthcare and social services, Care for Veterans offers a range of appropriate solutions for people with physical disabilities and complex needs, many of whom have served this country in the forces.
- Crisis – Formed in 1967, as an urgent response to the growing homelessness crisis. Since then we have helped tens of thousands of people out of homelessness, and campaigned for change.
- Samaritans – Every six seconds, they respond to a call for help. No judgement. No pressure. Their work in invaluable for those experiencing real difficulty.
As a small not-for-profit organisation, The NAPB has limited funds but we were able to send each charity a £50 donation. It’s our hope that as we grow and receive more subscriptions from members, our future donations will also grow.
Article provided by one of The National Association of Property Buyers founding members House Buy Fast.